Thursday, October 4, 2012

RUSH for Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame in 2013!!!!!


Apparently, RUSH is on the ballot to get into The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame this Year. 
 
Go Geddy!  Go Alex!  Go Neil!  

YOU GUYS  
ROCK!!!!!!!!

I wonder if our "protest" in Cleveland last year helped. . .

 Me at The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland in 2011, 
with my friends (since elementary school), and fellow RUSH fanatics
 Jamie Aalbers, Dave Van Vliet, and Jeff Knight.

So you don't have to squint at the photo, the t-shirts read, "Where's the RUSH exhibit?"  About a hundred other people inside the museum expressed support for the cause.

I've seen every Rush tour since I was in high school.  I've got every album.   When I was learning to play the drums, Neil Peart's incredible playing inspired me to push forward, to reach higher. . .




I never did catch up with Neil. . . honestly, I'm not sure I ever even caught up with Joe "Mama" Besser.  But look!  I am willing to post a picture of my teenaged self drumming, complete with embarrassing hair, to prove this point: 

I was one of THOUSANDS of amateur drummers to have a RUSH banner behind the drumset in my basement, because NEIL PEART is ONE OF THE GREATEST ROCK DRUMMERS OF ALL TIME!

Need proof?


And those other two guys in the band, Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson, well, they ain't bad musicians, either.

And, if all of this makes me a Rush Geek (he says proudly, voice trembling, tears in his eyes), then I am PROUD to be a Rush Geek!

Now, one more time, with feeling:

Go Geddy!  Go Alex!  Go Neil!  

YOU GUYS  
ROCK!!!!!!!!