Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I'll be at THREE different events at BookFest Windsor, October 26 and 27!



I will be participating in THREE different events at BookFest Windsor on October 26 and 27!

I hope to see some my many friends from Windsor and Essex County!

*

October 26, at 7 PM in the Kelley Theatre at the beautiful Capitol Theatre, I'll be participating in the Awards Ceremony for the Winners of BookFest's student poetry contest.

October 27, at 10:30 AM at the Windsor Public Library, I will be running a Creative Writing Workshop for Teens !

October 27 at 7 PM in the Pentastar Theatre, I will be participating in a panel discussion called "Telling Stories for Young Adults", moderated by the CBC's Sarah Ellliot, and featuring me and fellow YA authors Paul Vasey, Eric Walters, and Carol Anne Biddle.

*

Here is a great article about my appearances, and the festival's second decade, by Jason Rankin at OurWindsor.ca.

Unlike the mayor of my current city (check it out HERE), not only do I know where Windsor is, but it was my personal "Adventure City" when I was in high school!

This will be the fourth BookFest Windsor at which I've appeared. Here are a couple of photos I took of last time of Detroit from Windsor's Riverfront Trail (NOT from Winnipeg, as Toronto Mayor Rob Ford mistakenly believes. . .)



See you at BookFest Windsor!