Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Monkeyface Chronicles is on the Short List for the 2011 White Pine Award!!!!!


The Monkeyface Chronicles
has been short-listed for

The Ontario Library Association's White Pine Award!



I'm overjoyed that The Monkeyface Chronicles was selected this year! And I'm in great company, too; the other books on the list are terrific choices, and I feel honoured to be on a list that includes Allan Stratton, Linwood Barclay, Wendy Phillips, Natale Ghent, Alyxandra Harvey,
Rosemarie Boll, Courtney Summers, Don Calame and Alice Kuipers! Check out the complete short-list HERE. And you can take a look at my "White Pine Nominee" Bio HERE.

My first book, Cheeseburger Subversive, was nominated for the 2005 White Pine Award, which had a great effect on its continuing popularity. Thanks again to the Ontario Library Association!

The White Pine Award reading program offers high school-aged teens at all grade levels the opportunity to read the best of Canada's recent young adult fiction titles. 10 books are short-listed for the prize, then the most popular book is then selected based on student voting across the province. True democracy! I love it!